A bored child is not a happy learner. If schoolwork is not stimulating or they feel overwhelmed, their ability to enjoy learning stops.
What can you do to ensure your child is enjoying their schooling?
Here are 5 steps you can take to help your child stay engaged at school:
- Talk to your child about the different subjects they are studying. Listen carefully to what they tell you. Try to determine if they are in fact, intimidated by the subject. If they feel like they’ve been left behind, they may zone out in class instead of trying to engage.
- Talk to your child’s teacher. Ask if they have noticed how your child is coping at school.
- Show special attention to any homework given for subjects they are losing interest in. Don’t add to their stress by pushing them, simply engage in the homework activities along with them. Ask your child to tell you how to approach answering the homework for that subject.
- Look for activities related to the problem subject. Get involved with them to lift their enthusiasm for the topic.
- Determine if your child can benefit from additional support and encouragement for any subject they are struggling with.
Fostering your child’s interest in school is important. Don’t let them fall further behind in their studies. If they can’t keep up now, they may continue struggling throughout their further education and eventual career.
At Fruition Tuition, our tutors know how to make learning fun and inspiring. If you think your child needs help with motivation, have a chat with us: https://www.fruition.com.au/make-a-tuition/