Meet the Fruition Maroochydore Team!
Viv Ronlund – Owner
B Ed USQ – Primary
Before purchasing Fruition Maroochydore in February 2012, Viv worked for Education Queensland for 23 years, undertaking the roles of : Classroom Teacher (prep to year 7), Learning Support Teacher, Advisory Teacher in the areas of Numeracy and Literacy, Special Education Teacher, and School Principal.
Viv brings a wealth of classroom experience, and has participated in numerous professional development sessions and courses over the years, including the implementation of the current National Curriculum.He is particularly passionate about helping students develop a strong foundation in numeracy and literacy, and equipping them with the strategies to take control of their own learning to become independent, confident learners.
His favourite Fruition saying is : “ If nothing changes…nothing changes!”
Megan – Team Leader/ Early Childhood Tutor
2007 University of the Sunshine Coast – Graduate Diploma in Education (Primary)
After supply and contract teaching at local Sunshine Coast schools, Megan joined Fruition Maroochydore in January 2009 as a tutor and learning supervisor. Megan’s passion for developing strong literacy and numeracy foundations in children prompted her to accept the position as Centre Leader at Fruition Maroochydore in February 2011. With her teaching background, enthusiasm for learning and almost 6 years of Fruition Experience, Megan is a fantastic asset to the Fruition team!
“I love being a part of the education world! At Fruition I have had such a rewarding experience. Seeing a child’s eyes light up when they develop understanding is such a joy, and in my time here I have seen amazing growth.”
Responding to report cards – Maroochydore Tutors
Once again it is report card season. It’s a time that can bring a smile to your child’s face while creating significant anxiety for another. Regardless of how they are received, report cards are an unavoidable part of your child’s school life and are a valuable tool in assessing and planning for student’s success. Finding the best tutors for your child can be crucial. Our local Maroochydore tutors provide our students with success and confidence.
Furthermore, it is important to make the most of your child’s report card to sustain good results and to make improvements for next time. If the gaps are beginning to show, it may be time to support your child with a tutor.
Try these strategies to make the most of the report card:
- Always look on the bright side. If the academic grades are not what you had hoped for, look at the comments regarding effort and behaviour. Praise your child for the efforts that have been made.
- Talk rather than react. Take the time to talk with your child and ask questions. How have they been coping in class and did they feel prepared for the assessment task? If effort and behaviour were less than satisfactory and you feel as thought express your disappointment and discuss why.
- Review the homework routine. Homework reflects work that is being completed in class and provides an opportunity for you to monitor progress. Ensure your child has an allocated time and place to complete set tasks, and make yourself available to answer questions and examine the quality of work.
- Set goals. While results on the current report card can’t be changed, the next report is yet to be written. Discuss with your child what they are hoping to achieve in the New Year and set realistic goals that enable this to transpire.
- The Best Maroochydore Tutors. At Fruition, we will determine your child’s strength and growth areas, preferred learning style and the best strategies for success. We will then create an individualised learning program for your child. Act now and book a tutor at Fruition Tuition Maroochydore.